BODYVIVE™ Benefits at Vivafit
BODYVIVE™ is an all round low-impact workout that lets you choose just how hard you work. It's ideal for those new to group fitness, those returning to exercise or rehabilitating after an injury, pre and postnatal mothers, and active adults who want the benefits of improved cardio fitness, strength and flexibility.
- The opening heart fitness section uses the VIVE™ ball to help you work on mobility, flexibility, cardio and agility. We also incorporate some easy dance moves to keep the fun levels up, team you up for a walk track then ease down into some relaxing Tai Chi and yoga.
- The next focus is functional strength. The VIVE™ tube helps you to work on different sets of muscles. You'll also improve your posture and leg strength with some balancing exercises.
- Next you will work your abs with Pilates-based moves and the VIVE™ ball, then get down on the floor to work on your back strength. Then it's time to unwind with some long, slow stretches to take you to the end of the class.
There are inspirational instructors and music to motivate you. Best of all, you're left fizzing with energy, so you can really take life on!
- Improved muscular strength and endurance
- Increased heart fitness
- Improved flexibility and range of movement
- Better agility and balance
- Improved posture
- Weight loss through elevated calorie expenditure
- Reduced risk of bone and joint degeneration
- General wellness and 'feel good' benefit
How fit do I need do be?
You don't need to be fit, just physically active and able to move freely. You'll find your strength and agility improves over a number of sessions. BODYVIVE™ works for you - it all depends on how hard you push yourself. It can certainly work up a sweat if you want it to!
What equipment is used and why?
VIVE™ balls and VIVE™ tubes are used in some of the tracks, because of their ability to exercise the body in different ways. These are popular forms of equipment and will let you get a wide range of workout intensity, no matter your level of agility.
How often should I take a class?
Vivafit suggests three times a week, in conjunction with other physical activities of your choice.